Participants in the Introduction to Barbering Course will work towards a Signature Hair Diploma in Barbering.
Our Introductory course does not require any previous experience or qualifications. People of all ages and from all over the country with a wide variety of backgrounds are eligible to take the course. We welcome anyone with a passion for barbering. Our course could be the stepping stone to a lucrative career in the industry.
What’s on our course?
- Haircutting techniques
- Use of scissors and thinning scissors
- Use of razor (clippers) and attachments (blades)
- Appropriate Health and Safety
- Correct Shampooing technique
- Customer Service and Client Consultation
- Blending and Finishing
- Styling hair
- Beard Trimming
- Covid-19 Safety
Terms & Conditions
Please note – Your place is only secured when a deposit or full amount is paid.
The following is a list of guidelines we require all students to adhere to in order to promote a professional environment in which everyone is given the best opportunity to advance. We require all participants to behave appropriately towards their colleagues and clients.
- Our Full-Time Barbering Course dates vary & are very limited spaces. Classes will be max 3 places.
- The dress code is all black.
- Students are expected to have good personal hygiene and a professional appearance.
- Students will be learning in a working salon which must be kept clean at all times. This is a key responsibility in any salon.
- For insurance purposes, any customer complaints must be dealt with appropriately, including a record of the nature of the complaint and details of all involved, then signed by the student.
- Any equipment provided which is left in the school is at the student’s own risk.
- Students under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be immediately expelled without any refund.
- Disruptive behaviour that interferes with the smooth running of the classes will also result in expulsion without a refund. This includes harassment or bullying of any kind as decided by teachers or management.
- Confrontational or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated and will also result in expulsion without refund.
- Signature Hair advertises for models but students must also be prepared to source their own models as required.
- If a student fails to finish the course for whatever reason, and wishes to restart at a time outside the course times, the student is liable for a fee to cover the tutors time of €50 per hour.
Note: Deposits and fees paid are non-refundable.
If any restrictions or for any reason beyond our control happen prior to start of any course, the course will be moved to a different date of commencement with the offer of a refund or deferral to later date.
If the course has started, there will be a later date of restart which is the only option available at that point to students.